I absolutely LOVE this time of year! It may have something to do with the fact that my birthday is around the corner… But seriously, I love February. To celebrate my favorite month, I wanted to share some Valentine’s Day craft ideas with you. Remember to put your ❤️ into every project!
Paper Heart Decorating
This craft is easy and simple, but kids really enjoy using glue. We decorated the heart with pasta because it’s something different than our usual paint or colored pom-poms, but you can really use anything. The great thing is that, although an adult may need to cut out the heart, it’s actually a pretty independent activity.
- Construction Paper (2 different colors)
- Wet Glue
- Items to decorate (You can use paint, pasta, sequins, pom-poms, etc.)
- Cut out heart shape from one piece of construction paper and glue it to the whole piece of construction paper
Marbled Heart Ornament
What kid doesn’t love paint? This painting activity allows kids to paint in a unique way — with a stick! The result should look marbled.
- White Cardstock
- Washable Paint (any combination of white, red, pink, silver or gold will work)
- Stick (toothpick, kebab stick, actual stick)
- Whole Punch
- Cut out a heart shape from the cardstock
- Punch a hole in the top and attach string
- Put drops of paint all over the heart and use the stick to spread the paint
Valentine’s Day Photoshoot + Craft Stick Frame
A few years ago I had this idea to do a Valentine’s Day photoshoot with my nanny kids. I thought their parents would find the pictures sweet, especially within a homemade craft stick frame.
For the photoshoot, collect Valentine’s Day decorations and supplies. Dollar stores are a great place to find these. Choose a location to take the pictures and take photos of the kids holding or sitting next to different items. Have fun with it!
You could always print the pictures and put them in a store-bought frame, but if you want to make the craft stick frames, you will need:
- Large Craft Sticks
- Wet Glue and/or glue gun with glue sticks
- Decorations (paint, markers, sequins, glitter, heart stickers, etc.)
- Glue the ends of each popsicle stick to another in order to create a square
- Decorate however you want
- Cut photo to the size of the frame and glue the front edges to the back of the frame
Enjoy these creative and LOVEly crafts with your nanny kiddos!