Fall — my favorite time of year! The air is crisp and fresh; the trees turn to red and gold; and corn mazes are all-the-rage. We are so busy during the fall season because there is too much to do in the small amount of time there is to do it. We pack in as much as we can before having to wait a whole year to do it again!
Check out this list of places to visit in and around Denver and Boulder before the end of the season.
Visit a Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze
Along with a pumpkin patch, there are several farms that offer additional attractions, like rides, games, corn mazes and more.
- Botanic Gardens at Chatfield — Littleton
- Mazzotti Farms — Hudson
- Berry Patch Farms (for families with young kids) — Brighton
- Maize in the City — Thornton
- Rock Creek Farms — Broomfield
- Cottonwood Farms (includes straw bale maze for kids) — Lafayette
- Anderson Farms (includes the Krazy Rainbow Maze for kids) — Erie
- Munson Farms — Boulder
- The Bee Hugger (pumpkin patch only) — Longmont
- Rocky Mountain Pumpkin Ranch — Longmont
See the Changing Leaves
This is Colorado, so if you go into the mountains in the month of October you will see the beautiful red and gold changing leaves. But the best way to see the fall leaves is to take the Peak to Peak Scenic Byway, a 55 mile drive through much of Colorado’s most amazing landscapes. If you’re looking for something less time-consuming, consider Boulder’s list of best places to see fall colors.
Attend a Fall Festival
Celebrate the fall season with food, drinks, and family-fun activities.
- Fall Flannel Fest — Denver
- Pumpkin Harvest Festival at Four Mile Historic Park (put on your calendar for next year!) — Denver
- Five Points Fall Festival at Montessori Academy of Colorado — Denver
- Cider Days at the Lakewood Heritage Center (put on your calendar for next year!) — Lakewood
- Boulder Downtown Fall Fest — Boulder
- Pumpkin Carnival at Rocky Mountain Pumpkin Ranch — Longmont (weekends only)
Try out a Halloween-Specific Event
While we love pumpkins and changing leaves in the fall, we can’t forget about the costumes and candy! If you’re interested in dressing up (yourself or the kids), attend one (or all) of these halloween events with your kids around Denver and Boulder.
- Fall Fun Festival at the Children’s Museum at Marisco Campus — Denver
- Enchanted Hollows at the Denver Zoo — Denver
- Fright Fest at Elitch Gardens — Denver
- Glow at the Gardens at The Denver Botanic Gardens – York Sreet — Denver
- Flick or Treat — Lakewood
- Pumpkin Nights at the Adams County Fairgrounds (put on your calendar for next year!) — Brighton
- Munchkin Masquerade in Downtown Boulder — Boulder
- WOW!’s Halloween Party at the WOW! Children’s Museum — Lafayette
Enjoy this fall season with your little ones!